Major changes are happening across High Barnet & Underhill wards:
- Declining shops and lost businesses in Chipping Barnet and New Barnet
- Big housing developments at Brook Valley Gardens, Elmbank and off the High Street
- More proposed for Whalebones, Marie Foster Home, Oakleigh and New Barnet
- In the Green Belt, a new academy and increasing pressure to build homes.
What do local politicians have to say about these developments?
Barnet Council is reviewing our Local Plan, and the Mayor of London is consulting on a new London Plan. There are Council elections in May, and the race is close. All these will affect our town and landscape – but we can still influence the results.
This Forum is a timely opportunity for you to meet Councillors and invited representatives of the parties standing for the local elections next May, and to voice your hopes and concerns.
We will focus on three urgent themes:
- Homes – Is the balance between market, affordable and social housing right?
- Transport – How can we travel more easily and sustainably around our borough?
- The town centre – What can be done to revive its economy and conviviality?
Join us for what promises to be an exciting evening!
Car parking and refreshments available.